If you’re interested in AgTech in Australia and the various ways in which it can increase efficiency and profitability of Australian farming or for your own agricultural business, then Queensland will be the place to be in November.
No less than 10 AgTech focused events will be held throughout the State during the month, which is why a group of AgTech innovators and service providers have joined forces to name November as Queensland Ag Tech Month.
In this webinar you will hear in detail what each event will offer and how to attend or be a part of the events.
Speakers in the webinar will include Queensland Minister for Agriculture Mark Furner, host James Walker from Agrihive, Bruce McConnell, TSBE and Jacqui Wilson-Smith from Food and Agribusiness Network.
For more information and to register for the free webinar, which will run from 12:30pm to 1:30pm AEST on Tuesday, October 22, please click here .
Members of the group include behind Queensland AgTech Month include:
- Toowoomba Surat Basin Enterprises (TSBE)
- Food Agribusiness Network (FAN)
- Central Highlands Development Corporation (CHDC)
- Advancing Agricultural Advisory Committee – Longreach (AAAC)
- Regional Economic Centre of Excellence (RECOE)
- Department of Agriculture Fisheries (DAF)
Membership of the group comprises:
- Liz Alexander, Central Highlands Development Corporation
- Fleur Anderson, Rural Business Collective
- Jess Fealy, Startup Tablelands
- Kirsty Hodgen, Trade Investment Queensland
- Jason Huggins, Department of Agriculture and; Fisheries
- Ben Lyons, Rural Economies Centre of Excellence (RECoE)
- Bruce McConnel, Food Leaders Australia
- Garnet Radford, Balonne Regional Council
- Julia Telford, Engage & Create Consulting
- Baden U’Ren, Bond University
- Jacqui Wilson-Smith, Food Agribusiness Network
- James Walker, Agrihive, Longreach
In essence the group has been formed to bring together and organise the various Queensland Ag tech events to create a meaningful exchange in Queensland between farmers and global Ag Tech Companies products and services.
The group’s motto is: “We take the best of Queensland and share with the world, and take the best of the world and share with Queensland”
Some of the events include:
Agvention, Mary Valley, (Oct 25);
AgTech19 Build it Use it Profit, forum with working demonstrations, Emerald (Nov 6); Register at https://www.ivvy.com.au/event/
Embracing digital innovation in the agricultural sector two day workshops, St George (Nov 6-7), Kilcoy/Somerset (Nov 20-21);
Growers as innovators workshop, Emerald (Nov 7);
Machine Learning and Deep Learning Day, Brisbane (Nov 8);
TropAg 2019 Conference, Brisbane (Nov 11) ;
Australian Ag Innovation Week (GFIA), Brisbane (Nov 12-14);
Bioenergy Strong 2019, Brisbane 9Nov 12);
Property Computer Mapping Workshops, Charleville (Nov 12), Thargomindah (Nov 13), Eromanga (Nov 14);
400M Ag and Food Innovation Forum, Toowoomba (Nov 21)
If you have an interested Ag Tech company or are hosting an event in Queensland in that month please let us know by emailing [email protected] so we can share the details.
Webinar registration details at this link